Answer: a) to have sins
washed away.... --
After considering what the Bible
has to say about water baptism, how
could anyone reach any other conclusion than that it is necessary in
order to have our sins forgiven and to become a child of God?
To sum it up, the Bible shows us
* is so one can be "saved" (Mark 16:16)
* is so one can enter the
kingdom (John 3:3-5)
* is "for the remission of sins" (Acts 2:38)
* is to "wash away...sins" (Acts 22:16)
* is to bury one with Christ (Rom. 6:3)
* is so one can rise up with Christ to
walk in "newness of life"
* is so one can be put "into Christ"
* is to make one a child of God (Gal. 3:26,37)
* so one can be buried and raised up with Christ
* is so we can be saved (Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 3:21)